1. Click on 'Databases' at the top of your 'Edit Course' screen.
Please note: If your course has one level only, you have to add another level in order to reveal the "Databases" tab.
2. Select 'Databases' and click on the database you are using.
3. On the next screen, click 'Add Column'. You can then add a column name and what type of column it will be: text, audio or images. After adding this column, you can customise its display and testing options by clicking its label.
Otherwise, if at the moment you only have one level in your course, you will not have a 'Databases' option. If this is the case, simply click on 'Advanced' in the top right corner of your 'Editing' screen and choose 'Add column' from the drop-down menu.
To delete a column:
1. Click on 'Databases' at the top of your 'Edit Course' screen. Select 'Databases' and click on the database you are using. On the next screen, hover over the column you want to delete and click on the pencil icon.
2. In the pop-up screen, locate the 'Delete' tab and click on it. You will be taken to another screen to make sure you want to delete the column. All materials in the column will be permanently removed and unretrievable once you click 'Yes'. Do not do this if there are people already learning the course as all of the learning progress will be deleted!
Difference between an attribute and a column